Sunday, March 9, 2008

and what I loved most she had so much soul

Out in D.C. for a few days so all the updating won't be as steady. Luckily I got the internet to work - I was completely disconnected for a couple of days. It's slightly brisk and a little rainy sometimes but for the most part my girls at HU and I are living it up. I've never been up here before and it's amazing. Literally every time you come up out of the subway it's a new world - and it's all soaking in history which is the kind of thing I live for.

Skill_z feat. C_o_m_m_o_n - So Far So Good

T_a_l_i_b Kweli feat. Joell Ortiz and Blu - Hostile Gospel (remix)

+ if you haven't seen the original video, take some time out. It was filmed in Nigeria and is holy ghost powerful.

Can I Speak to Biggie - 50 C_e_n_t, Bizzy Bone, Maino, Chingy, Bobby Valentino, etc.
which promises to not be nearly as outstanding as one would wish based on the lineup

M_a_r_i_a_h Carey feat. The D_r_e_a_m - Touch My Body (remix)

W_a_l_e feat. B_u_n B - Go Mode - apparently unfinished

Facebook recently made headlines with development of a music platform to compete with the whole MySpace digital music phenomenon. You can read about it here and here. It's going to be hard for Facebook to find a niche in this market but the same thing was said about social networking. It'll make a big difference if they partner up with Apple. It seems Facebook could capitalize on their market though because I'd say the majority of my friends use Facebook and have moved away from the virus and advertising frenzy of Myspace. I don't just use MySpace like that but I know plenty who do at least sparingly and who regularly check artists' music pages. Mark Zuckerberg must know what he's doing - he was recently named the world's youngest self-made billionaire by Forbes.

Different Kitchen had a nice collection of articles recently about "Who really has the most foreign policy experience?" In reality these major political questions are pretty scary. No matter who gets in the White House (which I saw yesterday!) will have to face difficult issues that no one has ever dealt with before and things will most likely get worse before they get better. How can you really be sure that whoever you pick is the best person for the job? You can't. It's exhausting to think about. In other news: Mariah and Jay-Z recently endorsed Obama.

'Ye has a new video in the works for Homecoming which I've loved since the verse was featured on the "Home" from the Get Well Soon Mixtape. Some pics leaked which look promising - more so than the last one which wasn't nearly as cool as he thought it was.


For anyone who missed the obit in the paper, they laid Courtney to rest yesterday afternoon. I appreciate everyone coming together to support each other, it's tragically beautiful and we couldn't make it otherwise.

No comments: