Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm rehabilitating and still feeling rebellious



"My head already so heavy it's making the scales tip, I got my own pressure and got everyones elses, I'm rehabilitating and still feeling rebellious"
-- Black Thought "I Can't Help It"

I finally got in the mood today to listen to "Rising Down" in its entirety. My respect is such for the Roots that I can't just listen casually to the album, I feel the mood, the mind frame, the time must be right for the first real go round... except for "Rising Up" which already got the appropriate first run treatment months ago.

It's finally summertime! I'll be working all summer but it'll be great for a lot of reasons. I'm actually finally looking forward to it. I just got back from the Magnolia State for a huge, country family reunion and it was darn near life changing. It was exactly what I needed after themostintensefinalsweekever. Sorry to leave y'all hanging though - there's lots of good music circulating so I'll just throw a bunch in this post.


+ Producto Digestivo just posted every Little Brother/9th Wonder/Phonte mixtape and album that I've ever heard of and a good number I didn't know were out there.

I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but what I've heard from Usher's new material has been fair. He's doing a bit too much with this new video though...




16 When David finished saying this, Saul asked, "Is that your voice, David my son?" And he wept aloud. 17 "You are more righteous than I," he said. "You have treated me well, but I have treated you badly. 18 You have just now told me of the good you did to me; the LORD delivered me into your hands, but you did not kill me. 19 When a man finds his enemy, does he let him get away unharmed? May the LORD reward you well for the way you treated me today. 20 I know that you will surely be king and that the kingdom of Israel will be established in your hands. -- 1 Samuel 24:16-20





No comments: