Saturday, April 12, 2008

kinda like W.E.B. DuBois meets Heavy D and the Boys

I had the extreme pleasure of seeing a Roots concert at 40 Acres Fest last weekend. The Roots put on a fantastic live show. They set the mold for what live shows should be like PLUS it was free! It took me a while to upload some of the files but I finally got around to it after a crazy week....

Here's "You Got Me" followed by links to some of the others and if you type in something like Roots/Forty Acres you'll find a ton more of the concert. Make sure you get their new album 4/29!



Roots - Mellow My Man

Roots/Go Get a Late Pass - Bob Dylan Masters of War cover

?uestlove on Drums/ Masters of War pt2

Masters of War pt 3


There was a good write up of the show and pics over @ Burnt Orange Juice

+ Alternate version of The Roots - Rising Down via The Rap Up
+ Another link to my favorite track thus far off of Rising Down: Rising Up feat. Chrisette Michele and Wale

and as a final comment, y'all know I love ?uestlove (and he delivered like I knew he would) but there are no words to describe the talent and hilarity that is Tuba Gooding Jr. We nearly lost our minds watching him play that sousaphone, you can't even understand without seeing it live. Number One and I decided it was the best concert we'd ever been to after seeing how they meshed, kept the crowd hype .... man you missed it!

No comments: