Thursday, September 4, 2008

the thought process...

"No matter what you're going through, remember God is using you.
For the battle is not yours. It's the Lord's."
(c) Yolanda Adams


"Now as an Outkast I was born, wasn't warned of the harm
That would come to meet me like Met Life, but yet life
Done sent me through a lot of up's and down like it ain't nothing'
Like elevators but I ain't the one that's pushin' the buttons
I got off at the thirteenth floor, when they told me that it wasn't one
They said it skipped from 12 to 14
Still smoking, still drinking, no I'm sittin' on the Lincoln
4 A.M. thinkin' that in reality the world is like a ball full of playas
We trapped off in this maze with walls made of layers
And only prayers is the tightest game that you can have
The devil's takin' a swing that might explain the broken glass
But my crystal ball see the pistol fall to the wayside
Nobody would die in cops and robbers when we used to play right"
--- the ever so prodigious Three Stacks in Goodie Mob's "Thought Process"


Somewhat related: my new internship (which is just lovely thus far) has me working downtown...on the 13th floor. Funny thing is I didn't even realize what a crazy coincidence that was because it seemed like a given: of course I work on the 13th floor. I really feel like if I tried hard enough I would be able to bend spoons with my mind.

“Do not try to bend the spoon; that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth: There is no spoon. Then you’ll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.”

- "The Matrix"




No comments: