Sunday, September 21, 2008

dear fall



"Autumn is the eternal corrective.

It is ripeness and color and a time of maturity;
but it is also breadth, and depth, and distance.

What man can stand with autumn on a hilltop

and fail to see the span of his world and the meaning of the rolling
hills that reach to the far horizon?"
- Hal Borland

September 22 is the first day of Fall this year but already we're feeling the changes. New seasons bring new opportunities, new perspectives, and new fashion:

I'm loving these Frye Ava Button Bootie boots [left]...unfortunately four bills is a little out of my budget for fall boots at this point. Times are hard, I gotta spend like it's 2008 and the economy is reigning its frivolities in and I should be following suit....probably....? Better to put the money in savings, at a certain point when your life consists of workschoolworkdanceworkchurchwork your stunting efforts only mean so much. But wouldn't they be fabulous with some tights and a big sweater?

I'm also feeling the green gladiator "Rainmaker" heels from Melody Ehsani which are a bit more within the realm of my college-student-addicted-to-footwear-but-still-got-bills-to-pay budget. The gladiator look is hit or miss with me but my trendier friends have hopped right on that bus. I'm particular with mines - especially when it comes to my shoes - the punctuation of all of my outfits. But these gladiator style heels I can get busy with, especially if they come in time for the NYC trip approaching quickly!

On a totally unrelated topic....

Talk about dodging the question:


The 2008 Presidential campaign is like a bad episode of Punk'd. John McCain doesn't know how to use a computer. He's not a PC OR a Mac! [sidenote: interesting commentary on the new Microsoft "I'm a PC" commercials - which I adore - here from Seth Godin.] "Well, he can hire someone to do that for him." Exactly. Why would I want a man in office running my country, a country with a huge deficit in home grown engineers, mathmeticians, and scientists, leading us onwards into the 21st century when he can't even learn "how to do a Google?" A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. What you look like hiring someone to do all that "technology stuff" for you? It's 2008, bruh. Don't get me started on Palin, I'm all for women's empowerment and breaking through the glass ceiling, but I feel like you should make it on your own merit and be adequately prepared for 2nd in command. Word in the polls is she's starting to bring down McCain. This duo here...*sigh*


[^pure and insanely hot fire.]

I got severe 2nd degree burns today from a Cherry Pop-Tart. True story. I don't even keep processed foods in my house like that. I blame high fructose corn syrup. <--- if you're not checking your grocery basket for this you're tripping.

No comments: